It seems like everyone has heard about Jeremy Lin in the past couple of weeks, even President Obama commented on the skills of this New York Knicks player. The media is giving a lot of attention to this new NBA sensation’s every move, creating a buzz all across the social media platforms.
As part of the global media, Blue Phoenix Media celebrates one athlete’s success story and contributes to Lin’s unexpected and well deserved popularity, by giving you a few facts about his fascinating story and our list of all the fun and cool nicknames we’ve found all over the internet.
You don’t have to be a sport’s fan to share Lin’s success and be part of the buzz. Pick your favorite Jeremy Lin’s nickname or create your own and pass it along at @BluePhoenixnyc and we’ll add it to our list.
Facts on Jeremy Lin
- Jeremy Lin was born in Los Angeles, California on August 23, 1988 to Taiwanese and grew up in Palo Alto, California
- Lin is a 2010 Harvard University graduate. He did not receive any athletic scholarship offers, and was undrafted after he graduated.
- In Dec. 2011, Lin signed on with the Houston Rockets. Before the start of the season, the Rockets waived Lin from the team
- Lin signed a two-year contract with The Golden State Warriors in 2010, and became the first American of Chinese/Taiwanese descent to play in the NBA. He received little playing time with the Warriors.
- The NY Knicks picked up Lin to serve as a backup for Toney Douglass and Mike Bibby. He was given the chance to play on Feb. 4, scoring an incredible 25 points, 5 rebounds, and 7 assists, all career highs in a 99 – 92 Knicks victory over the NJ Jets. After this game, Lin became an overnight success.
- The Associated Press called Lin “the most surprising story in the NBA.”
|Just Lin Baby||Linja|